Breast Cancer Care
Breast Cancer Care: A Moodle platform to train volunteers and health professionals in Scotland
Key benefits of the solution
- A scaleable, open-source platform.
- Increased promotion of breast health awareness.
- Raised the profile of the charity.
- Started developing a comprehensive elearning programme.
- Provision of an elearning platform used across the organisation for a variety of training needs.
- Confirmed user interest in elearning.
This case study examines how elearning specialists at Webanywhere were able to use rapid elearning techniques to create and digitise content for a large charity.
BCC can now provide enhanced support and training to their large network of professionals and volunteers dedicated to breast cancer care.
Breast Cancer Care provides free support and information for people facing breast cancer. They have offices in Scotland, England and Wales.
The charity launched their B-Aware campaign in March 2014, which aims at promoting early detection of breast cancer and improving survival rates in Scotland through the creation of a team of trained volunteers who will reach out to local communities.
Breast Cancer Care worked with Webanywhere to create an online 2 hour pilot course to be given to 50 volunteers and health professionals. Webanywhere developed a Moodle platform and a course using SCORM content, including quizzes and custom certificates. The training portal, which hosts the B-Aware online course, also has information about face-to-face training and FAQs.
We are really excited to have developed such an innovative elearning project with Webanywhere and have had a really positive response since it launched.
- Davinia Green, Breast Cancer Care