With their international expansion growing, it was important for RICS to offer their members a platform where they could access and purchase online courses. Their existing infrastructure offered a limited feature set for reporting and a customer experience that was proving detrimental to sales. Webanywhere created a bespoke Drupal storefront site with an integration to RICS’ existing Moodle sites and Centralised login system. The mobile friendly responsive design mimicked their existing site to provide a seamless transition.
The portal which was launched in December allows RICS to commercialise their e-learning courses that can be purchased by users anywhere at anytime. The launch of the store has coincided with a rise in traffic and positive feedback from customers. The courses are consumed on a network of localised Moodle platforms meaning they can cross-sell regional products for the first time.
- Standardisation of training globally
- Improved central reporting to RICS C-level executives
- A high profit training model with low set-up and maintenance costs
- Localisation of currency for course purchase
- 20,000 users enrolled in a year
- Over 1 million pounds of revenue
- More than 100 countries purchasing worldwide
- A combination of Web Classes, Distance Learning and E-Learning provide more that 250 courses for purchase.
Having been a customer of Webanywhere for 4 years with other companies, I had no hesitation in engaging them to complete this critical stage of our expansion. Our requirements list was quite broad in terms of functionality but Webanywhere have always had a ‘can do’ attitude and fulfilled everything on time and on budget. The quality of the development and support that you get is excellent and makes the price point excellent value. The new store has kick-started a long term plan to create a world-class experience delivering online training. I very much look forward to continuing this relationship over the next phases of development
Alex Noble, RICS Online Academy Manager