LMS Solutions Architect - Moodle & Totara (Full Time, Chicago)
As a globally recognized leader in open source and education technology, Webanywhere supports millions of learners worldwide. We are ambitious about expansion into new markets and the development of innovative new products to enhance online learning. With a background in both the education and business sectors, we now have corporate, local government, heath care and not-for-profit clients throughout the USA and UK.
We pride ourselves on being a business where outstanding individuals are recognized and rewarded. Our rapid growth offers excellent opportunities for career progression in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment. Our motto, "Stretch Beyond," sums up how we work and our approach to our customers. We innovate, we exceed customer expectations and push ourselves to learn and to excel.
To be responsible for capturing client requirements, working throughout the life of a project to ensure these are delivered. Creating functional specifications and working with the development teams in the implementation of these. You will be working with open source web-based technologies, primarily Moodle, Totara and Drupal, providing support, consultancy and design on various projects from start to finish.
Development / Projects
- Liaise with UK and Poland development teams on projects to ensure they have the relevant information and assist them in solutions design.
- Communicate with customers and Project Managers to ensure we design and deliver a solution that fully meets their business requirements. Requirements may come directly from an external customer.
- Produce Requirements Capture documentation and work with Development to obtain project estimates.
- Works closely with IT/Project Manager to ensure technical specifications are written to agreed standards, and to be involved throughout the project lifecycle to ensure deliverables are meeting initial solutions.
- Assist the Sales team with completing RFP / proposal documents.
- Build Question / Answer bank to improve RFP process.
- Attend meetings / conference calls with Sales team for prospective customers.
- Takes responsibility for the functional and technical architecture of open source solutions to design and assist in delivery of complex technology solutions.
- Keeps abreast of new open source technologies.
- Undertakes assessment of solution options (scoping, feasibility, design, services costing, deliverables, completion criteria, etc).
- Has responsibility for approval against functional specifications.
- Works within the business to develop product strategy ensuring technical advances are implemented.
- Is a role model for the delivery and support teams by demonstrating leadership as a technical consulting authority and providing the highest standards of quality in solution delivery.
- Conducts product training sessions with clients in the project delivery phase.
- Develops excellent working relationships within our company and with our partners, ensuring that our reputation is upheld at all times.
- Works in the WPL division and on all open source technologies.
- Contribute to Sales documents such as proposals, tenders, RFIs, etc.
- Attend demonstrations, pre-sales requirements capture days with sales.
- Complete sales handover checklists (where appropriate)
- Give technical and product guidance to Sales team and prospective clients.
A working knowledge of Moodle/Totara, Drupal and/or LAMP stacks would be an advantage.
We are always looking for staff who are willing to go the extra mile for customers, who are dedicated to learning and personal development, and who are keen to work harder and smarter than our competitors. Those with skill, enthusiasm and team spirit do not go unnoticed, and there are always opportunities for promotion and reward, based on performance.
We're also looking for:
- Individuals with account management, sales and business development experience
- Instructional Designers
To discuss one of the roles above or if you feel that you have other skills and experience that could make you a good fit for Webanywhere, email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion. All inquiries are treated with the utmost discretion.