JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline® and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando and San Juan. JetBlue carries more than 32 million customers a year to 97 cities in the U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America.
The company founded JetBlue Scholars. JetBlue Scholars eliminates the complexity of higher education and provides a clearer path for degree completion. The program utilizes low cost, high quality alternative college credit options including new technology-based learning platforms.
Their biggest challenge was that such a program has never existed before, so the systems to manage the program were not available.
What JetBlue Needed From Their ELearning Platform
The solution needed to be cost effective and adaptable to the needs of the JetBlue Scholars program as well as being in line with the branding and company ethos of Jetblue.
The aims of the project were to:
- Drive a learning culture and degree programme for JetBlue employees
- Provide custom elements to core Totara functionality
- Put learning into the context of performance management, talent and development
- Support individuals owning their own learning and managers supporting their development
- Be able to scale and add features over time.
The Webanywhere Solution
Webanywhere provided an LMS solution enabling JetBlue to improve the student experience, all while scaling the administrative oversight of the program.
- A scalable, open-source e-learning platform.
- Custom-build system capabilities.
- Easy to use interface allows users to get the most out of the system.
- Increased efficiency due to increased scalability.
- Advanced tracking and performance management
Webanywhere consistently finds creative solutions to development needs as they arise. When changes in scope are necessary, they minimize the impact to the project budget and timeline by merging core Totara functionality with custom developments.Cody Cleverly, Senior Analyst, Academic Programs
Founded in 2003, Webanywhere Workplace Learning provides innovative learning technology solutions to the Corporate, Not-for-Profit and Public sectors. We are advocates of open-source technologies that enable flexible business models, integrate with existing systems and accelerate change. Webanywhere Inc. is headquartered in Leeds in West Yorkshire, and has offices in the US and Poland. We serve customers throughout the UK and in mainland Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas.